- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot combine broth and potatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, cooking for 5 minutes. Add broccoli florets and simmer until all the vegetables are tender yet crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken or turkey.
- In medium saucepan, melt the butter and stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup of broth from the soup. Cook on low heat until slightly thickened. Blend into the rest of the broth.
- Heat to serving temperature, but do not boil. Season with salt and pepper if desired.